I loved having the chance to be the banquet speaker for a group of graduating 8th grade confirmands and their extended families last night at First Lutheran in Blair, NE. Here are a couple of things I shared with them–things I wish someone would’ve told me when I was their age:
1) Good and bad things will happen to you! KEEP GOING!
2) You will do good and bad things. TRY TO DO MORE GOOD!
3) Some people will get you and some won’t. LOVE THEM ALL!
4) You don’t have to know everything. NO ONE DOES!
5) You will do and think things that you will want to hide from other people. Find one person and HAVE NO SECRETS!
6) The best part of life is not what you accomplish but the people in your life. BE A LOYAL FRIEND!
7) Never forget that God loves you just the way you are. God is with you, in you, and would like to live through you. LET HIM!